Thursday, September 10, 2009

TV Time

Oh ho ho ho ho. September is the cruelest month, breeding sitcoms out of the dead land, mixing Jay Leno and prime time, stirring dull reruns with Fall pilots.
That's right, folks! It is that time of year once again - Fall TV season. Today the online LA Times featured a printable September TV calendar (http://www.latimes.com/media/acrobat/2009-09/49046273.pdf). Obviously, I printed it out on the color printer as it came complete with Steve Carrell photoshopped into one corner. I've highlighted the shows I must program into the DVR and am anxious to get home and fill it up while my roommate is out of town.
This past week, we welcomed the revamp of a series dear to my teenage heart, Melrose Place. As many of my friends revealed on facebook this week, I was not alone in my enjoyment of the first episode. Will it stick? I'm not so sure. I could have just been swept away in the delight of seeing Miss S floating dead in the pool within the first 10 minutes of the show. It does seem like they have dug up some satisfactory young thespians and Ashlee Simpson didn't annoy me too much, but she didn't have a ton of screen time.

Here's my Must-Watch-at-least-a-couple-episodes list. Asterisks denote series that I'm super excited to see:

Community* - Gotta love Joel McCale
Bored to Death
Accidentally on Purpose
The Forgotten
The Good Wife* - Chris Noth is a recurring. Beautiful
Mercy
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Eastwick* - Get ready for Paul Gross, people.
Flash Forward
Trauma
Hank - Sigh. Kelsey Grammer
The Middle

Returning Favs:
The Office
Fringe
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Mentalist (I can't help it - Simon Baker is dreamy)
Dexter
Brothers & Sisters
Californication

And we are only 4 episodes into Mad Men. That's a lot of TV.

I will share my opinions here which you should be very interested in as I am a Hollywood Insider.
Off to Austin tomorrow for my BFF's 30th birthday celebration! Another weekend, another new city. It's all very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment