Monday, September 21, 2009

Tools

I'm trying to be a better person today. That used to be my new years resolution every year. Then I worked at a rehab center where they made me run groups about goal setting during which I was informed that goals/resolutions should be reasonable and measurable in order to insure success. Well, as far as I know, most of those people are still using Medicaid to pay for their living expenses and I haven't really gotten much done. Though I suppose the key is to stick with it. One of my teachers in middle school, probably the weirdest teacher I've ever had - I can't remember her name, but I think it will come to me - always said, "Organization is the key to success." As you may know from previous entries, sticking with goals is not one of my fortes. Goals and organization. Today I started a calendar on iGoogle after I decided it was a good idea to get on a scale this morning. Why in the hell would I do that first thing on Monday morning? What an idiot. It pretty much ruined my entire day and sent me down a mental spiral that ended with the consumption of an entire bar of no-carb chocolate, a decision which is sure to have unexpected consequences. So, the iGoogle thing is the latest addition to my tools for goal reaching and organizational success. I have A LOT of tools. In what I believe was an attempt to disguise my utter lack of physical preparedness for yoga class, I decided to buy the most expensive yoga mat known to man. It is REALLY nice, though. I did go to a hatha yoga (translation - not crazy power yoga) class on Saturday and found it to be most enjoyable. The instructor started class by asking us if any of were feeling angry because she was getting that vibe. She claimed to be able to read our auras. I kind of loved her. I will go again next weekend. TOOLS! So many tools. I don't have any concrete goals yet, per se, but I am in the process of amassing such an enormous arsenal of weaponry in preparation for my impending mental/physical/spiritual Armageddon, that my pathetic past/present self doesn't really stand a chance. Sadly, the element of surprise has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment