Friday, November 13, 2009

Oprah's Soul Series

My new bestie just turned me on to Oprah's Soul Series. On her website, you can find past radio interviews she's done with various types of spiritual authors, speakers, etc. Some of them are only audio, but some are webcasts. I started with her interview with Sarah Ban Breathnach, author of Simple Abundance. This woman seems so incredibly grounded. As you may have gleaned from the title, her work is all about the power of being grateful for what you have even if it doesn't seem like much. The idea is to propagate positivity and thankfulness and open yourself up to seeing how much abundance you truly have. As with most "self-help" formulas, there are familiar elements here-Living in the moment, recognizing the gifts that are given. I was truly affected by this video, so much so that I immediately ordered her book. It is another tool for the box. I should say that I am not a frequent Oprah viewer. I occasionally catch clips, but that's the extent of it. But...I LOVE THIS SERIES. Here is the Thanksgiving themed cast:
http://harpo.vo.llnwd.net/o1/QuerySplicedItemContent?file_name=vc_54bde0f9d0d26f6cda57cde04de08471.ver_1.videosdyn3.20091105060401.m4v&case_number=54bde0f9d0d26f6cda57cde04de08471.m4v&volomedia_info=&llnw_original_url=http%3A%2F%2Fotunes-vm.oprah.com%2Fpodcast%2Fxm%2Fss%2Fsbb1%2Fss-vidPodLOW_sbb1.m4v

No comments:

Post a Comment