Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Tax Man is making me need therapy.

I've spent the last day or so working on my taxes and organizing financial documents. A couple of months ago, I decided to stop opening mail and just shove it all in a drawer in my kitchen. After spending a delightfully long weekend with Niki in Napa, I figured I needed to take care of all this shit. Of course, the timing could not have been worse since I spent probably 2 weeks salary on booze while I was up there. Anyway, the result has been a downward mental spiral that has culminated in the realization that I am poor. I don't like it. How dare the Universe take It's problems out on me like this? I have half a mind to stop participating in society just to make It feel badly about what It's done to me. If It thinks I'm doing yoga or sending It positive energy anytime soon, It can think again.

To add to my misery, I've put the smack down on carbohydrates once again. It seems that when I refuse to eat carbs, I comsume considerably fewer calories throughout the day. This isn't always a good thing. If  I am not allowing myself carbs, I guess I would rather just not eat at all. According to Livestrong, I only ate about 1200 calories yesterday and most of those came from a jar (that used to be full) of olives.  Sigh. Why do I insist on making life more difficult for myself? Flabby arms, that's why!

Have you seen this thing yet?  http://www.lewhif.com/
Le Whif is breathable chocolate. What? It's either the stupidest or most brillant thing I've ever encountered. I don't think you can get it in LA yet, so I've yet to make a final decision. I believe it is available in NYC. I'd love to hear any reports from verified users. As a former smoker, the cigratte-like packaging is very appealing to me. As is the sucking.

So, while I await my accountant's verdict, I will dream about pastel tubes of cocoa powder and a world in which onion bagels have 0 grams of carbs and love you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment