Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Moving in

Oh boy!! The 4th move in the last 6 months is nearing completion. Sweet relief. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this one sticks for a bit. I don't think that my complexion can take any more stress. I've done this one almost entirely on my own with the assistance of professional movers. Just need a man to help me hang a bitch of a floating shelf. Luckily, I have one lined up. And he comes with his own drill. Hopefully he can also repair the mess I've made of the drapery rod in the living room. After two whole days of living on my own, I think it's safe to say that I enjoy it. I am slightly neurotic so once all unpacking is finished and photos are on the walls, I believe I will be able to take it down a notch. I'm going to purchase a new television set this evening after work. I tried to do that last night, but, apparently, Best Buy doesn't think that I deserve 18 months of no interest financing. This begs the questions - Who do they think they are? As a show of spite, I was going to make my electronics purchase elsewhere, but it turns out, they have the best deals I can find right now, so I have to go back there. Make a note - if you are going to move and buy a new TV, ignore common sense and buy the TV first before your credit gets checked a bunch of times. I suppose this doesn't apply to people who have loads of cash to throw around, but if you enjoy using credit as much as I do, you'll heed this advice. Long story endless, ideally the new digs will be in complete working order in approximately 1-1 1/2 weeks, depending on several variables.
Here's something weird - prior to moving in to this new place, I learned that it is actually the former apartment of a friend who recently moved to Boston. Crazy! I had no idea it was her old place when I looked at it, but when I described it to one of our mutual friends, he said - I think that's Tracy's old place. And via Facebook, it was confirmed that it indeed was. Love it.
Last night Catherine and Chad came over and craved pumpkins. I observed. Chad is some kind of jack-o-lantern savant. He didn't even use a pencil to outline first! Amazing. Further evidence that he is the perfect man.

No comments:

Post a Comment